Monday, February 4, 2013

A Little Drama



So sorry, I was going to post goals today but I literally was up all night in the ER, minus a couple few minute snatches of head-against-the-wall sleep.

For an account of yesterday's happenings, read what my oldest daughter wrote on her (private) blog:

"Yesterday my little sister woke up and her leg started hurting. She could limp around a bit, but by midday all she did was lay in bed. We got her downstairs on the couch, and whenever someone would touch her toes up to her hip [anywhere on her leg] she would scream. Soon she would scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream and scream no matter what. My mom took her to the hospital. I didn't go to sleep till 11:00 and woke up at 1:30. I couldn't sleep for 40 minutes. Then, my youngest brother woke me up. after that I literally slept 30 minutes. My dad told me she had septic hip or something like that, and she went through surgery this morning.

A few questions she kept asking [after anesthesia]:

Why do you have two heads?

Why does the doctor have two heads?

Was that a dream?

Was it this bad when Isa broke her leg?

She is supposed to be in the hospital for two days and I am not allowed to see her (!!!!!!!!)."

Scary night!  She had what I thought was a leg ache yesterday, but got so bad she couldn't walk or stop crying.   It's been a little nerve wracking, but she is doing well now.  More later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment