Thursday, February 7, 2013

Home



That's the my little girl, finally!  Its so good to see her little personality back, even if it means she was "copying" the doctor and giggling.   (one reason our house has been so "boring"-- as the other kids said-- over the last four days)

The CRP test marker they were looking at finally came down (whew!) and she can walk in a limpy/wobbly way that is getting better and better.

She came home this afternoon, and will be on antibiotics for the next few weeks, with a follow-up X-ray in a couple.  The one weird thing that still freaks me out a little is that she still has a little odd breathing pattern, with a periodic lull followed by a really deep breath.  The doctor said it is a side effect of the anesthesia and should get better.

Thank you thank you for all the well wishes, prayers, and even the little treats, cards, calls, and meals.  Its so nice to know we are cared about by so many wonderful people.

4 comments:

  1. YAY!! I'm glad she's back to her adorable self, she looks so amazing than when I first saw her in the hospital...goodness. Love her so much, and you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? I have some photos of rhe first I'll post at some point. She has been extra perky in spite of continuing pain. I think the contrast must make her feel like a million bucks (?). Thanks for going to see her, you nice nice girl you.

      Delete
  2. I just finished reading your scary story! I'm glad that so far, it seems to be a happy ending. What a hard thing for your family! I hope she continues to recover back to 100%. Good luck my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that means a lot. Yes, thanks for your concern! Miss you and wished you lived close. :)

      Delete