Wednesday, May 1, 2013

April Round Up

I guess I'd better just get this over with. :)

April goals were not exactly stellar.  Not even close.  :)  While most goals just didn't happen, period, I did formulate an after school schedule with the kids, which hasn't been implemented yet.  I have a couple of reasons for this.  One is the whole ADD diagnosis thing.  I have learned a lot about how (I almost said how I think I think, ha) my brain functions and had some possible new insights into how my kids' operate.  This has made me take a step back and recognize that we may need some unique methods to achieve certain goals.  In addition, I have been reading and loving Kim John Payne's Simplicity Parenting.  What a gem.  So beautifully written and insightful.  I will share all about it when I've finished.  I have had so many a-ha moments when reading this book.  I feel like the insights I'm gaining will help me try to create the most effective routines for our particular situation (though I've learned they will help anyone, but are especially critical in an ADD situation).

For those of you who have expressed support and concern for me and my family this month, thank you so much!  I sure love you guys. :)  I am starting to feel much better, and I am excited for next month.  Been thinking a lot about what comes next.  Oh yeah, and it's been a year since I started this project!  Wahoo.  So so glad.  It has been a lifeline for me in a lot of ways, and I love that I have a record of some of the wonderful and crazy things that go on around here.  And some new friends!

See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment