Monday, April 22, 2013

Science Friday and Other Assorted Goings On


(this photo from our Lord of the Dance night...)

So sorry!  I was going to blog on Friday, but I was absent.  Just know it was for a good cause. :)


We (as in my husband and I, and the eldest two kiddos) attended a taping of NPR's Science Friday.  SO exciting!  It was really, really good.  Unlike our rather disappointing experience of a few weeks before when we attended Lord of the Dance (not nearly as good as Riverdance in my opinion, and there was a part that really embarrassed my kids, and made my father-in-law loudly exclaim-- "Now that's what I like to see!"  when a group of dancers summarily removed most of their clothing, lol).   If you tune in on Friday (broadcast times can be found on the link posted above), probably about 20 minutes toward the end of the two hour show, you can hear my son ask Ira Flatow a question (his question was regarding the James Webb satellite under construction, and whether it will also look to places the universe is expanding).  Wahoo!



No comments:

Post a Comment