Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Fond Farewell



 It was a real treat to have my sister and her husband here from New York and my paternal grandmother as well.





We said goodbye to my grandpa on the 15th of April, with a beautiful service, as nice as any I've been to.  Each of his six children spoke and I loved each talk, as I learned some things about my grandfather that I didn't know before.  The grandkids and great-grandkids sang a song, and I was able to hold it together in spite of not being able to hold it together during the practice (my cousins voices!  Who knew they were so beautiful?  Especially the men....their singing really touched me and reminded me of  the invaluable legacy of a good man)  Even though it was difficult to say goodbye, the entire day was a fitting tribute to a long life well-lived.  I felt a lot of peace.  Thanks to everybody for the kind support!  It means a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment