Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Park Thoughts on Spring Break


You know, I have sure enjoyed planning out and executing some cultural events this year.  But when it comes right down to it, for me, the unscheduled times are just as refreshing and oh so needed sometimes.

We enjoyed a day visiting my mom over spring break, and I lugged my camera along to an impromptu park visit.  I love that my kids love to play and be together.  Trust me, we still have our moments, but I have been pleasantly surprised as a mother at how well my kids get along.  I love that they were all choosing to play together in some of these shots.  And yes, I would love to know what is going on in their minds, especially as I look back on some of these photos.  :)

Maybe that is just it...we all need time to wonder.  I love that at one point someone in each one of these photos is in his/her own little world, just wondering about something!  When do we lose that?  One of the beauties of childhood is discovery, and I've decided that discovery is aided times a million when one is outside.  (Agree or not?)

So glad my kids haven't outgrown parks yet.  I sure haven't.


 Um, like this girl's thoughts ^^.  I am often wondering.














 This slide was so super fast!  But fun.







Oh yeah, and just to keep it real?  These photos don't capture how I had to ditch my shoes to sprint down the hill after my four year old, who suddenly decided to book it back to Grandma's (that girl can run!) while I called, shouted, shouted louder, shouted frantically louder for her to STOP!  I thought she couldn't hear me. A lovey-dovey couple in the park were staring at me as if I were possessed.  But I did catch her right before she crossed a busy road, whew!  And it turns out she heard me all along, she just wanted to go to Grandma's.  :)  Maybe she thought if she got within Grandma's radius she would be protected from all foul happenings, including her mother's.

If you enjoyed this, check out this beautiful family under some gorgeous magnolia trees in Central Park.  Ah. So weird, but I'm tempted to print a couple of these off and frame them they are so beautiful.

How about you?  Formal activities or informal ones?  Or both in different ways?

No comments:

Post a Comment