Thursday, July 5, 2012

B-day


This girl's birthday. She's generously sharing this post with her siblings, especially her brother, all of whom benefited from her special day.  :)


It started with breakfast in bed.  There were many willing mouths wanting to taste the wares.  She would offer baby a taste, from the top bunk mind you, and he would open his mouth from wherever he was in the room until he got to her.  :)








Someone is already enjoying his sister's birthday present.












This is my best "Percy Jackson" cake with boxed mix and store-bought frosting. 


I tried to make a pretty cake I'd seen on a friend's blog and here (surprisingly not hard), but mine wouldn't come out of the pan (forgot the flour). 


(I'd buy the gel colors separately for the colors you need-- we tried to mix colors, and our red with blue turned the "purple" more of a brown.)



Banner my friend made for my birthday.  I love it so much I left it up for 3 weeks after our last birthday.  :)




As usual, her favorite present is from her aunt in New York-- a wand just like Hermoine.

Grandma and Grandpa came, her dad got off early, and we all went swimming.  We had such a great time!  

What a great kid she is-- smart, thoughtful, fun.  Life just wouldn't be the same without her.

How was your fourth?

No comments:

Post a Comment