Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New York -Day One

As part of my parenting project I'm trying to work on collateral areas that affect my parenting.  One is making sure I do some things here and there that refill my own well so I have enough to give.  This month I got not one, but two well- refillers.  First one here.  Last weekend I was able to visit my sister in New York.  What a wonderful time.  It was hard leaving the kids, but I felt refreshed (man, it felt easy having only one child to look after since I took the baby and left the rest with Grandma), enjoyed time with my sister, bonded with my little boy (he was a delight!  he was so happy to see all the sights, get some one-on-one, and pet my sister's cats), drank in the sights and sounds and smells of New York, and was able to look at my life from a different perspective. 

Here is day one. 

After lunch at Cafe Cluny (in the West Village) with my sister and her man, we walked the Highline and then came home and I took a long nap with my snuggly baby.  Barbecue on deck for dinner.  Great times.











No comments:

Post a Comment