Monday, August 12, 2013

This Month's Goals



Making some progress on this month's goals!  (it's a miracle)  It is kind of funny that I have been congratulating myself on getting to this at the beginning of the month, instead of waiting until the end, and yet, I see that the actual completion of this project has begun to stretch out to the middle of the month already!  That's okay.

We are swapping out job chart systems.  I've tried to take into account my own challenges (I need simple, low maintenance job charts) as well as my kids' (after books like this one) in starting this new system.  They will be given laminated, re-usable "routine cards" they need to complete before breakfast and dinner, and they'll each have a daily job that will change each week.  The tags (which have a magnet on the back) above are supposed to have their names or initials written in chalk, but it just didn't look good, so I'm trying to figure out something else.  And we're going to start allowance.  I've got all of this 90% done, lets see if I can actually finish it in the next few days!

I bought materials for this stuff at Hobby Lobby, including the magnetic chalkboard. The tags are made from jewelry charms.  Sort of shooting from the hip over here.  Sometimes it turns out cute, and other times it doesn't.  (when this project was half way finished I wondered what in the bleep I was thinking!  The magnetic chalkboard what hard to cut!  There was crafting mess spread to kingdom come!  And it looked...not very good.  But then it started to look better, whew!)

***

Will be guest blogging on another blog probably some time this week, I'll let you know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment