Thursday, August 1, 2013

This Month's Goal Round-Up and Some Work Party Fun

This month's goals were so fun.  The one where I try to be more playful/lighthearted was just the best.  I enjoyed it so much.  When I hear my kids giggle/laugh I remember how much I love hearing that sound, and want to sear it into my memory for all eternity.  Something about the uninhibited-ness of childhood transfers over to those beautiful giggles. I've noticed that the littlest boy has been in general easier-to-laugh than before, which has been so fun to watch.  This goal has been a favorite of the project so far, and really easy to do.  It even helped lighten up otherwise serious situations, like before-dinner whinies.  I'm kind of sad to see this goal go and hope I can remember to continue to use it.


(In the second photo I was being silly and it was fun to see their faces light up)

As for my health goals, not happening.  But I did make some progress on this front, if in an unexpected location.  As some of you know, my knees have been bothering me for a couple of years due to a fall I took.  My cartilage was probably cracked and will take a while to heal.  It has been frustrating that I can't run, as I've realized what a lifeline running has been to me.  But I have come to a realization, and that is, that even when my knees eventually heal, I still won't be able to run forever.  So I've decided to start biking and swimming on alternating days.  I am a total klutz on a bike, so we found a discount on a good middle of the road bike so we can do family bike rides, too.   (as for the weaning, I've started cutting back, though it is really hard.  I plan to be 100% done some time this month, and trust me, you'll hear about it) :)

This month, I'm going to overhaul my kids job charts and make some routine cards.  We are going to try a completely different system.  Our old system worked just fine, but sometimes it's nice to have a change, for everyone's sakes.  And since novelty assists the ADD brain, we'll see how things go!  In addition, I'm going to start giving a mild allowance that is not tied to chores.  Again, I'll let you know!

So, enjoy these photos from a work party we attended this week.  It was our favorite work party ever-- they rented out the zoo!  It was great fun.

Oh, and PS, I really will get our vacation photos up some time, it's just that many of them have this annoying spot (my lens must have had a spot on it) that I feel the need to edit out or else I'm afraid it will be super annoying.   :)

Big bro isn't pictured in these photos because he is at scout camp!  Kind of hard on this ole heart of mine to send him away for so long, but I hope he is having fun and growing.  There sure has been a little void around here-- we all miss him a lot.






 The kids loved the carousel so much we rode it five times!  Super fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment