Monday, August 19, 2013

Ordinary Days

Lately, this little girl is the night nomad.  She likes to migrate to whichever sibling's room she feels least "scared" in.  That is often big brother's room.  She has a little crib mattress she'll move around, but on this night it apparently wasn't enough.  So glad her big brother is so nice to her.  (and of course she insists on wearing skirts, even to bed!  very much a little girl.)


 I'm still not getting much sleep but this little boy is worth it.  I could just eat him up.

These two insisted I bring my camera when I came out to see their creation.  I was glad I did.  Sure a pretty little creation, even if it involved the death of some of my flowers. :)

Love the ordinary moments, the little ones that make life so good!  Sometimes I am tempted to wait to enjoy them, you know, when the dishes are done or when I lose five pounds.  But then those sweet little moments will be gone!  No better time to enjoy them than right now.

I forgot to report last month on the goal that involved introducing the kids to good music (I have introduced them to classical music, just not other types).  It was a lot of fun.  I rediscovered old loves, like Cat Stevens, Carli Simon, and Gordon Lightfoot (reminds me of the time when I used to work on the Snake River!  Speaking of, we took a trip to Jackson that I will blog about some day soon!  So behind, so behind).  One of my favorite new discoveries is the band Five for Fighting...as well as re-discovering the classic sound of Frank Sinatra and others like him via new-love Pandora!  I also rediscovered why I haven't done more of this in the past-- some seemingly harmless songs have messages that are too mature for little ones.  But we're going to keep on.  We have had some fun times with the music cranked up and everyone dancing that I have recently wondered how I became such a old stiff momma before this part of the project.  Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment