Wednesday, July 10, 2013

San Fran Day 1 and 2

Days one and two in SF.


Someone please tell me why I like this statue so much.  I just do.  ^^

Shhh.....don't tell.  After two frustrating days trying to find hotels or vacation rentals that would accommodate our large family, I had to get creative (hotel search engines are NOT built for 2 adults, 5 kids!  I just kept getting-- "no rooms available," blah).  We needed the air mattress for camping.  So it worked out in a few hotels too.  We had two big beds and the air mattress, which was comfy enough (in this photo, two little ones are late-snuggling with the big kids, they slept elsewhere).  Hopefully our neighbors and the hotel owners thought so too. I didn't know what else to do!  Suggestions?

Church.  We made friends with a nice group of boys visiting from AZ, who kindly took our picture and let us chat their ears off for a few minutes while our kids played jungle gym.



I can hardly look at SF and not get college flashbacks of Mike Meyer in So I Married an Axe Murderer.   Good times.  Miss my college friends!  We came here together during our freshman year, and it was magical!

 I don't know the name of this cathedral, but I thought it was pretty.



This poor boy was tortured by the too-tight jeans I had thrown in for him at the last minute.  He was a good sport, though.


 Running, running, this boy is always running!  But I love it.


More later!  I may not be back until next week, since we have company coming.  See you then!

1 comment:

  1. The cathedral is called Grace Cathedral. It isn't very old (it was opened in 1964).

    ReplyDelete