Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Goal Update

Last month I worked on reclaiming some patience.  :)  It seems to be a lesson I'm learning over and over  during my project, that it is so much easier to retain a good habit than it is to reclaim it once it's lost!  As with other goals, I noticed it was especially hard at first, but after a couple of hard days got easier and easier.  (another pattern I've noticed-- some goals have felt nearly impossible to reach at the first, very daunting, but get easier even with a couple of tries)

This month, I'm going to work on a few things.  First, I want to focus on being more playful-slash- lightening up.  This is not hard for me when we are at a park or something.  I have learned to let my adult inhibitions go (with a lot of practice) as we go down slides and generally act kid-like and have fun.  My kids love this.  But some days I catch myself slogging through the daily mundane stuff and realize I could do better at making the little moments more fun for little ones.  So I'm going to try and be mindful of that this month.  (got a little taste of this in the car with my four year old, who was being whiny, so we ended up playing some silly games like elbow fight, yes, indeed, and got our giggles on)

Next, since I almost have a junior high kid, I want to introduce my kiddos to some good music.  Since I'm an NPR addict (not much lately though) I don't listen to much music.  But I used to!  So I'm going to revive some different styles of music and introduce them.  My kids are still a pretty clean slate in this regard, so this should be fun.

Lastly, I'm going to refresh my efforts to get healthy!  I know I've set this goal a lot.  But this time it's for real. :)  I really need to get the little one sleeping through the night, get him weaned, eat healthier, and exercise more consistently.  I'll let you know how this goes.

Will see you tomorrow!  Getting ready for another short trip and super excited to see my sister and other well-anticipated company!

What kind of music do you like?  Have your music tastes aged as you have?  I love me some good folk-type music with acoustic guitar.  Some day after I'm dead I'm going to take lessons from James Taylor.  But I like other types of music as well.  If anyone has suggestions, I'd love to hear!




No comments:

Post a Comment