Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Crazy (Good) Summer and Here Comes the Bride

We have had a really great, super busy summer!  We have had to squish it all in because my girls start school next week.  We will see how year-round school treats us.  I'm sort of excited and a little scared, but definitely trying to keep an open mind and be positive since we don't have much of a choice.  So it feels like we have had a summer on steroids.  We have had some wonderful times together in spite of its hurried nature!  We just got back from another short trip last week, I can't wait to share!  In the meantime, I'll be working on the Mount Everest of laundry.  (I also have loads of California photos to share, I just haven't had a real chance to go through them yet)

Enjoy these photos in the meantime!  One morning I was totally shocked when this beautiful girl came walking down the stairs and her sister announced they had been playing "here comes the bride."  It wasn't so much the fabulous sister-wrought hairdo, complete with fresh flower tissue wrapping paper (requisitioned from her sister's recent present), or the beautiful girl that surprised me, but the fact that she was wearing her blessing dress (?) (can you say size 3-6 months?).  Of course she looks so cute in it but I was a bit horrified since I am trying to preserve the dress as an heirloom for her.  So after a quick reluctant bride photo shoot, we very carefully took off the baby dress and tried to locate a different dress!


 This bride is not too happy about getting her photo taken lately.

I'm envisioning a career as a wedding planner here?   Helping the "bride" smile.


I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  We met a new friend whom we really enjoyed and were sad to say goodbye to.

2 comments:

  1. That is so funny. Miri did the same thing. She used to run around in her blessing dress too. I had the same consternation that you did. Oh well. The dress is in her closet upstairs....still pretty but the sleeves are stretched out. Fun memories.

    ReplyDelete