Thursday, June 21, 2012

Short and Sweet

I was awakened in the middle of the night by a little dripping apparition who said, "mom, I frowed up strawberry ice cream all over my bed."  (we made homemade strawberry ice cream yesterday)  The nice thing was, I got to clean the mess up in the night without any interruptions and some quiet time to think.  :)

I have three sick kiddos today, and I feel I'm catching it, so I'm off to nap with baby. :)

Some ideas I had for positive affirmation, kids: write little notes and leave under pillow or in lunches.

Start off the day on a positive note: sing in the morning (idea from Happiness Project's Rubin, who says it puts her and kids in a good mood.

A parting thought about well-filling-- I've lost 5 pounds, my friend even noticed, and so did my husband.  I feel a lot better mentally and physically.  (still have 15 to go, though)

I'm more efficient in the morning now that I'm getting up earlier.  (just need to go to bed on time...so hard some days but definitely helps my patience levels)

Got a few new clothes at a local discount retailer.  It saved me money and time because I didn't have to drive downtown and I got some nice clothes for a big discount.  Its amazing how much cuter I feel when I have a new shirt or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment