Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Brave

Kids are already feeling much better (whew!)-- I was bracing for the worst since last time we got sick it lasted so long!

We went to see the film Brave.  We don't go to movies very often (we definitely make up for it at home), so it was a real treat.  My nine year-old said, "it feels like we're about to get on a rollercoaster!"  We were late, so little legs were in a whirlwind of excitement as we breezed through the doors and past golden-popped popcorn.  Little baby sitting on my hip in his tight monkey shirt, wondering what this was about as we had a little happy twirl to the music on our way in.

We sat there, under the flash and fire of the movie screen, bundle of snuggly baby in my lap, and I looked down the row of delighted and entranced faces, all upturned with wonder.  It reminded me of the first paragraph in this.  Little surge of -- these are mine.  It was just as fun to watch them as it was to watch the movie-- and it was a refreshing (if a bit scary for little ones) film. 

And man, I actually related to the main character and to her mother (with the fine balancing act of being a mother myself), as at her age I was never into sewing or anything remotely domestic (see here) (always loved kids, though), and I'm still not great at most domestic-type things.  It was a touching story about the bond and the strain between a mother and daughter as they grow together.


Funny? For today-- my cute three spilled an entire bottle of Elmer's glue in a gooey white puddle on the table and the floor and it was in a clumpy mess in her hair.

Here is a website a friend pointed me to that has helped me check movies beforehand to see if they will be appropriate for my little ones.  It is also good for video games and books, as it gives an age level of appropriateness as well as a red, yellow, or green light for content, ie, green light for 10 and up.

No comments:

Post a Comment