Saturday, June 9, 2012

Growing Up

We went to the library with football commands:  10 minutes, two books, everybody go!  After a little scramble for spots in aisles, pretty soon each child was immersed in something.  I searched the dark, musty stacks for Fahrenheit 451 while everyone was occupied for a minute.  The baby was wearing his blue shorts and a tight shirt with little brown monkeys on it.   After a few minutes of patience with his perusing mama, he wanted down.  I let him down, and he was gleeful-- toddling around on little stubby legs with the happiest of expressions and squeals  (sorry patrons!).  I had a twinge moment-- my baby is growing up!  He has been walking a few steps here and there, but this is the first time he teetered around without crawling at all.  Baby walking.  His face so happy.  I wanted to laugh and cry all at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment