Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Verdict on Month One

Month one is almost over. Things I learned:

1 - my dishwasher can handle dirtier dishes than I thought it could :)

2 - clearing out one time waster made a huge difference in my productivity.

3 - the quality time I spent with my kids each day was often the highlight of the whole day.

4 - getting outside and being more active made a big difference in my mood and made for some fun memories with the kids.

5 - keeping my own well refilled is just as important to this project as the things I'm doing with my kids...I need to stay balanced so I have enough to give.

6 - I'm even more of a procrastinator than I thought--why the "interruption factor" is so hard for me. (note: when first I noticed this, I realized this is so hard for me I saw myself as a lost cause in this regard...but I'm amazed that a little awareness goes a long way-- just being aware I need to work on it has made it easier)

7 - When it comes to tasks, its all about expectations-- low expectations, that is. :) (if I set my expectations too high, like thinking I can clean the whole house in an hour, then I'm just setting myself up to be frustrated, especially at the interruptions)-- I need to keep expectations especially low on busy days...(and I need to expect to be interrupted!)

8 - awareness of what causes me stress-- panic time tends to come when I haven't planned ahead, leave too little time to get little bodies somewhere, or when the house is messy.

9 - the weeds can wait - nothing beats the feeling of knowing I did something really important today...the dishes can wait, and so can the weeds, or the laundry, but my kids aren't going to wait around to grow up...I don't want to miss it!

10- Be flexible.

11- When it comes to quality time with the kids, 5 minutes can mean a lot.

12 - When I put God first, the rest falls into place.

13 - I can have memorable dates with hubby without going anywhere far away or fancy.

14 - I made too many resolutions for one month :)-- I'm just too excited & have lots to work on-- next month's will be simpler.

15 - we had some really special times together! (I'm going to post a poem tomorrow about one of them)  What a great experience so far.

2 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share your information to us.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete