Sunday, April 22, 2012

This is It


Today I'm starting my 5 for 50 Project-- a parenting project designed to make the most of my time with my young children. I'm trying to look ahead so I can look back with no regrets.

 I want my children to get the best start possible-- I know if I invest heavily over the next five years it will pay dividends for them over the next 50 and forever (at least that is my hope). At one point I realized that though right now I feel like I have little free time, I may have up to 50 years myself to do things I've always wanted to do, like run a marathon, get more education, volunteer, and write a book. When I do finally have that time, I'm sure I'll look back on now as the best time of my life. I know that investing in a child will be the most valuable work I'll ever do.

No comments:

Post a Comment