Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Hodgepodge Weekend


Here is a patchwork of random photos from our weekend.  One week before this, I had been so sick and miserable and had a lot to do as part of my new responsibilities with our local children's group.  I was operating in survival mode on just two hours sleep one night and four the next, with no naps in between, thanks to a nasty cough and sinus infection.  So this weekend seemed heavenly!  My husband and I missed my cousin's wedding because of some crazy weather, but it also meant that an opportunity opened up for us to attend his fancy work party, held in the ballroom of my favorite hotel of all time.  I've had a dress for years now (I wore it the night we got engaged, if that tells you something...speaking of fashion, check out this cute swimming suit, I'm in love I tell you) that I've wanted an opportunity to wear to something!  And I finally got a chance. Even if it is probably a little old-fashioned by now.   And even if I could. Not. Zip it up.

And, miracle of miracles, we didn't take the baby!  He stayed with a babysitter -- whom my son announced received "5 stars" --when we got home. :)

 I love watching the older siblings love on the little ones.  This boy is especially cute with little ones!  Lets hope he didn't hear me say that-- he is starting to reject words like "cute."

We got a TON of snow.  But I love how the world looks after a fresh snow.  Especially the way the snow clings in delicate lacy white clusters to all the branches of the trees.

On Sunday night, a few of the kids filled my tub so full it was like a swimming pool.  In honor of the occasion they wore their suits, broke out the goggles, and left swimming pool-like trails of water in my bathroom.  On the other side of the room, the two who were not "swimming" were having a pillow fight.  Only one of the pillow fighters was pretending to be a pony.



 Half church and half to bed.


 And we practiced some spelling bee words.
 The baby tub I just can't bring myself to put into storage in our basement.
 I heard a pitter-patter of feet late one night.  After a few minutes I went to check on those little feet and found this.  Snuggled up under the new blanket I made.  Thanks to some surprise help from my sister, my house was actually clean!  It was so nice!  On Saturday I was able to go to the basement and finish some projects and put away the sewing machine after a few weeks of not being able to get to it.
 Project number one is the pillow case in black.  Not as hard as I thought!  Project number two-- the blanket.

Thanks for being patient with my Photoshop ADD today. :)



What a great weekend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment